Festival fashion? Forget it, we’ve written a straightforward guide how to survive and feel great during the summer festivals. We are not fans of glitter and high heels, so if you thing wellies and comfy clothes are the way to go, you are at the right place.
So, without any more ramblings, here are our practical guide to fun festival experience. Layers. Many. Layers
Pack plenty of t-shirts and lightweight knits plus few scarves. You will be well prepared for all weather mishaps – taking off the knitwear when the weather gets warmer or layering up when it gets chiller. Scarfs are great for keeping the cold off!
2. Freshen up – dry shampoo is your friend. The scarfs we talked about before will help you after day three. When your hair starts looking less fresh, just pull out the scarf and continue the party!
Longer hairs suffers way more than shorter ones, so it’s the time to rock your shorter summer hairstyle. If you haven’t already looked into diy haircutting, you will be glad to try it. Sites like Men’s Health, AskMen or Trim Epil offer handpicked models of various hair clippers and trimmers.
3. Avoid clichés – forget neon colors and vintage denim cut offs. Active wear, street wear, pair of wellies will make you feel comfy and fit in with the crowd. Wear your favorite jeans along with comfortable sneakers. Pack a raincoat just in case, you don’t have to wear a bin liner instead as many others who forget even the most basic preparations.
4. Don’t neglect the footwear. Festivals are exactly the right time to wear comfortable footwear. No flimsy shoes, crocks or flip flops. Opt for sandals when the weather is hot or for hunter wellies in rainy days. If you prefer not to expose your feet, use comfortable sneakers or slip ons. Don’t wear high heels or uncomfortable footwear. Don’t make the rookie mistake to use your very old footwear, too. Shoes that come apart at the festival are no fun, and there is no time for last minute purchases in the back to back schedule.
5. Don’t ditch the trousers. We get it that short pants are comfortable, but jeans are much more appropriate for dancing and much more functional with plenty of pockets. Zippered pockets are a good way to keep away the pick pockets!
6. Don’t ignore the accessories. Get enough socks, underwear and pack few accessories. Tasteful watch, ring or silver chain add a bit of sparkle and add to your personal style. Don’t forget the sunglasses and a hat to keep you from the harmful sun-rays. You will look great and won’t get sunburn. Win-win
7. Don’t flash the flesh, especially it is a bit unsightly. If you have been slaying in the gym and your physique isn’t quite flattering , just stick to the classics. This will help you feel confident and quite comfortable. And don’t use fake bronze. It sucks. Enjoy the fun!