If you are in the area of the Monadnock Region in New Hampshire, you should definitely plan a visit to Walpole, especially if is in the fall. You can enjoy the colorful New England autumn season there and visit some of the local attractions and events as well.
Here are some of the reasons to plan a visit to Walpole, New Hampshire this fall:
- The colorful foliage. You will be stunned by the natural beauty of the trees and bushes in the region. You can drive around the area or enjoy long walks and admire the amazing colors of the yellow, red, gold and orange leaves surrounding you.
- Eat and enjoy the local apples. There are farms which grow and offer over 100 types of local apples in an around Walpole. You can even go and pick them yourself at one of the apple farms, such as Alyson’s Orchard. There you can also enjoy a traditional wagon ride around the orchard, as well as apple wine and apple cider tastings, and buy as many apples and apple-related products as you wish from the farm stand.
- Go to the local art tours, festivals and fall fairs. There are a number of very interesting events which take place in Southwestern New Hampshire in the autumn. Some of the events to pick from include: Langdon’s Fall festival, the Stonewall Farm’s Ultimate harvest challenge, Burdick’s Chocolate Oktoberfest, Hillsborough’s Schnitzelfest, the Winchester pickle festival, Jaffrey’s Scarecrow Festival, Keen NH’s Pumpkin Festival, the Fall Foliage Art Studio Tour, Walpole Fall Arts Festival, Feast on This Film Festival, Harvest Suppers and many more fun and attractive events planned out for the fall in the area.
- Watch the harvesting and buy loads of freshly harvested produce straight from the farmers. There are many local producers of fresh food in Walpole, so you can find fresh and organic meat of all kinds as well as all kinds of veggies and fruits, plus the famous local chocolate, ice cream, cheese, milk, maple syrup and honey. You will find Walpole’s local production irresistible, so get ready to fill those baskets when you visit us this fall.
- Do some hiking. Enjoy some hiking to the famous Mt.Monadnock. There are many hiking trails which you can explore in the area. You can also enjoy a hike to Pisgah State Park which is the largest and wildest state park in New Hampshire, or walk around Pitcher Mountain, go hawk watching in Putney Mountain or just about anywhere in Walpole, which is one of the quaintest villages in New England, especially during the fall.
- Go foraging. There is an abundance of clean, safe and edible mushrooms all around the area, so you can go do some foraging and pick your own mushrooms. If you are not sure about which mushrooms to pick you can always ask a local forager for some instructions or for a guided tour.
- Visit the covered bridges of Monadnock. There are many of those in the area, including the longest covered bridge in the US. Enjoy those by driving around and you will be amazed by the number of these unique bridges you will find here.
So, these are just some of the local attractions and activities which will make your visit to Walpole and the Monadnock Region in the fall a one-of-a-kind experience!